Hello everyone, Mysty is back!
So I would like to take the time out to specifically talk about grounding and grounding techniques.
What is grounding?
Grounding is a way to connect ourselves to the earth, either in a shallow, tree root way, or in a deep tree root way.
Your tree roots that you visualise could be a cord of light, a metal cord that you throw down, to the Earth Mother, and you can connect to her more effectively that way.
You must ground before and after a ritual. It’s also good to do before you start your day. It keeps you connected to the Earth and your decisions are more focused on what is important, and your attitude will be less moody, and more forgivable.
I know I can get really angry when people push my buttons. But I find that if I meditate, ground and centre in the morning, I am more aware of my thoughts and words I say, and that leads me to be in a space where I can let go and forgive a lot easier.
For ritual, grounding is essential, without it you will feel a bit woo woo after doing one. Ritual incorporates other parts of our mind and spirit that, for the most part are tucked away when doing mundane tasks. Grounding before the ritual is to get your mindset towards the magical, and grounding after the ritual is to finish what you’re doing magically so that you can continue with mundane life without feeling light headed, dizzy, or scatterbrained. You may have other symptoms like constipation, stomach aches depending on what magic you did, how you did it and how it affects you personally.
Methods of grounding
There are several ways to ground. The most popular is the tree root method.
Tree Root Method (5-10 mins)
- Either laying down or sitting in a comfortable meditation position, take a few deep breaths and relax, extend some roots, small ones from the bottom of your body into the ground. It doesn’t matter if you do this inside or outside, but outside is best.
- Grow the roots in size and shape as they grow deeper into the ground, and let them go into the ground as far as you would like.
- Say a prayer or a short message to the Earth Mother or whoever you identify with the Earth, and ask her to take the negative energies that you’ve picked up from your daily life and to deposit them into the roots. Ask her to transform these energies into either neutral or positive ones.
- Ask if you can receive spiritual nourishment from the Earth. Let it fill your body, let it touch your heart.
- Say thanks, slowly make the tree roots smaller and smaller until the energy of them go back into your spirit body.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- ** This will keep you grounded for 1 day.
Line Drop Method (5-10 mins)
- Either laying down or sitting in a comfortable meditation position, take a few deep breaths and relax
- Drop a line down into the Earth or Inner Earth if you prefer. Let the line go really long and don’t force it down it will just gladly drop down by itself and you get better at this with time. It doesn’t matter if you do this inside or outside, but outside is best.
- Pay attention to the colour of the cord and if it has been connected to something at the bottom. Mine is normally connected to a device which sucks the negative energies I’ve accumulated into the tube and down into the earth. I can see the energies being transmuted into something better. It turns either into neutral energy which just sits there in slabs on shelves, waiting to be used for something later or it turns into positive energy.
- You can ask for the positive energy to go to someone or something specific. For example, if you know someone who has an illness, disease or is in a bad situation, you can ask for this energy to be gifted to them with a particular purpose. (e.g. I ask that this positive energy is gifted to Joan to aid her in fighting her cancer, that she may recover from her surgery and therapy).
- Ask if you can receive spiritual nourishment from the Earth. Let it fill your body through the tube, let it touch your heart.
- Say thank you and either keep the deep cord there or if there are side effects and you feel too stretched with your spirit body or if you cannot move while grounding, please remove the line.
- ** Don’t worry, grounding techniques are there to help you get grounded and they last 1 day.
You don’t need your lines or roots down 24/7 because that will drain you mentally and psychically. That is the complete opposite of what you’re trying to achieve. A grounding technique works because you intentionally do it, and it is a tool to intentionally remove all the blockages, spiritual baggage and shit you’ve been carrying around from day to day, and just letting it go.
Thank you for reading my blog,